Thursday, June 16, 2011

San Juan Islands

One of the many reason we choose to camp in Anacortes was to see the San Juan Islands. We took a Ferry from Anacortes to the Friday Harbor on the San Juan Island. I have always wanted to go to Friday Harbor and see all of the islands up there. My kids love riding the ferry and going whale watching (who am I kidding I love riding the ferry and going whale watching). It was a chilly windy day but oh so beautiful and sunny.




By the time we got our car off the ferry and parked Kinley was sound asleep. Does this happen to anyone else? I swear every time we go somewhere really cool she falls asleep right before it is is time to get out of the car. I guess staying up late every night while camping finally caught up to her.




Dave spent a good hour sitting here people watching, with Kinley conked in his arms. The kids and I explored the little shops and had some delicious ice cream waiting for Kinley to wake up.










We got to watch these cool planes take off and land, it was really fun watch and that is saying something coming from someone who has dozens of planes and helicopters fly over her house every day.

0 comments: