Thursday, June 16, 2011

Deception Pass - finally braved my way across

We visited the lovely Deception Pass while on our camping adventure. Our family has been here once before when I was pregnant with Kinley ,but this is such a cool place we could visit it every year. In fact I found out this is the most visited park in all of Washington. For those of you that don't know this bridge connects Whidbey Island (where my sister Sara use to live) to the rest of Washington. Whidbey Island is only accessible by ferry from the bottom of this island or this bridge at the top. When we visited my sister on Whidbey Island several years ago she took us to this amazing bridge. She and Dave walked the whole bridge all 1000 ft. of it or so. I however only made it about half way across and decided that was more than enough for me. I was glad I was able to redeem myself this trip and walk to the bridge twice. I am not usually a person terrified of heights but this bridge is a couple hundred feet high with cars zooming past you quite fast and rushing water below you. The kids seem to have no problems with the bridge so I put on a brave care free face for them. The pictures don't do it justice but you get the point.













This is where we were headed to have a picnic and play on the beautiful beach below.













After some boys saw Taylin scale this wall they headed up to prove they could climb just as well as a 5 year old.



Dave always helps the kids build a fine sand castle built for a king.

0 comments: