Sunday, May 8, 2011

Olympic Peninsula and National Forest

My parents came to visit the middle of April so we decided to set out an adventure to see the Olympic Peninsula and National Forest. We mapped out our journey and set off. We decided to drive all of the way around the Forest and hit a couple other stops along the way. The first day we drove up and had dinner in Port Townsend at this fifties diner and stayed the night in Sequim (by Port Angeles for you Twilight fans). The next day we made several stops the first was at the Ranger Station. Never in all of my ranger station visits have I seen one that had such a neat hands on learning section for the kids.










After the ranger station we headed to Forks and La Push.




As you can see Jaxon is totally excited to be visiting Forks.





We made several stops in forks. First was to the visitor center and then we checked out a couple places around town. This is Bella's truck in the book and the next one down is from the movies.





Taylin was really liking Jacob.






Bella's house from the book. Ya, it is kind of weird someone actually lives in this house. I don't know about you but I wouldn't want my house as part of a tour and people taking pictures in front of it all day.


This is Ruby Beach it has really beautiful sea stacks.














Some other highlights from the trip were beach 4 and the Hoh Rainforest. The Hoh Rainforest get 12 feet of rain a year. Can you even imagine? The Amazon Rainforest only gets 9 feet a year.






My kids are totally attracted to Kelp, it doesn't matter what beach we go to they always manage to find a big Kelp to carry with them.




I love this one of my parents and the kids.


We really missed Dave while we were out sightseeing but when duty calls, he must go.


You can count yourself lucky if you made it this far that my camera died before the trip was over and I haven't gotten the rest of the pictures off my parents camera yet. I am really looking forward to summer to go camping this summer and seeing more of this area. I can't believe that I live in such a beautiful place. There aren't many places where you can go from a big city like Seattle to such beautiful beaches and rain forest and breath taking mountains in a couple hours drive.

0 comments: