I have really enjoyed not having to take care of a yard this year. It is the first time in six years I haven't had a thing to do in the yard. No weeding, no watering, mowing, edging, pruning, no apple, peach or raspberry picking. It felt really weird. So, I decided it was finally time to plant my own garden. My parents have always had more than they could eat so I guess that was my excuse before. And last year my fabulous neighbor Jen gave me more squash and zucchini than I could ever eat. We should have started selling zucchini bread with how much we were producing. She also introduced me to the Armenian cucumber. If you have never planted these before you should. They are so delicious and crunchy, yum!!! This coming from someone who always thought she hated cucumbers. Anyway, I am afraid that a lot of my garden is going to ripen the middle of July, when I am going to be headed to Utah for a couple of weeks. But I am proud of myself none the less.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
If you plant it, it will grow (with a little TLC)
Posted by Amanda at 6:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Wow it looks great. My garden is being over taken by weeds. Dang things. The kids are getting so big.
Post a Comment