It has now been a month since Dave has been gone. For the most part we are doing really well. Things are always bound to fall apart to an extent when Dave goes. I found out last week that I have gestational diabetes which has been an unexpected challenge that I have had to deal with. My doctors were already concerned with this baby because both of my girls were quite big and had shoulder dystocia (shoulder getting caught while I was delivering). Lets just say I am being kept on a very short leash, which equals lots of doctor, nurse, and nutritionist visits. I just got my blood glucose meter today and testing myself isn't as bad as I had anticipated. However following a strict diet is time consuming and not much fun. On the bright side I only have 10 weeks left so I am hoping time flies by.
Dave is doing really well in Afghanistan. He is staying super busy and doesn't have much time to spare. We usually get to talk to him a couple times a week and we try to keep the letters going his way so he feels less lonely.
I guess that is about it for now. We celebrated Easter and Jaxon and my birthdays this last month. I will try to get on posting pictures of those soon.
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Posted by Amanda at 2:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Glad he is doing well - sorry that you are not! Hopefully it does fly by, like you said.
Sounds like things are still moving forward though!
Post a Comment